11/5/15 And the winner is: Cindy H. of Wisconsin! Thanks, everyone, for playing!
To celebrate Halloween week, I thought it would be fun to challenge your knowledge of all things spooky! Get all ten questions right, and you could win a copy of Stephen King's newest suspense novel, "Finders Keepers" (Scribner 2015)!
The following clues are from films, books, pop culture, and creepy trivia. Some are easy and some will require you to put on your thinking caps. Or hit that Google Search button, whichever is easier! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR via my Contact page with your answers. The first ten responses get double entries. The contest is open to everyone, so share with your friends! Contest ends Wednesday, November 4th at midnight. Good luck!
1. This 1997 music video went on to become one of the most popular Halloween/monster videos of all time. Name the pop group and the song. (Note: if you say NSYNC, you are automatically eliminated from the contest and forever banned from this website. Juuuust kidding. Kinda.)
2. "The Addams Family," a TV series about a creepy family, ran for two seasons in the 1960's. However, it actually had it's start in 1938 when Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Grandmama, Wednesday, Pugsley, and Thing appeared in a series of cartoons by Charles Addams in a prominent weekly publication. Name the magazine.
3. Name the horror film with this quote: "It puts the lotion in the basket."
4. Which novel by Stephen King published in the 1980's had people thinking twice about burying their beloved dogs and cats after they died?
5. In 1816, Mary Godwin and several friends visited Lord Byron in Geneva, Switzerland. The group decided to write supernatural stories and see who could come up with the best one. That night, Mary had a dream of a corpse that came back to life. She turned the dream into a short story, which eventually became a novel. Name the title.
6. In what year did the Salem Witch Trials begin?
7. Name the movie with this scene:
8. You'll have bad luck if this particular creature crosses your path.
9. This 1999 film, starring Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment, put director M. Night Shyamalan on the map. Name the movie.
10. According to folklore, what is the only thing that can kill a werewolf?
Have a safe and fun Halloween, everyone!
* Note: This contest is not affiliated with Scribner Books or Stephen King. Any books given away in this contest are from my personal library.
Sign up for my updates and blogs here!